Matthew 5:16

Let your light SHINE before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Friday, July 13, 2012

Today we went to Korah and had the last class for the kids.  I gave Lidia some stickers.  She and her friends sat with me at the class time.  Aunt Heather wasn't there because she still didn't feel well.  Then the kids ate (I don't want to talk about what they ate but I'll show some pictures).



Uncle Shawn taught the lesson with Biruk translating.


If the kids could say their memory verse, they got a piece of gum.  Lots of them said it!  "All things are possible with God.  Mark 10:27"  It's fun to hear them say it with their accents.


Lunch!  Remember the sheep on top of the van yesterday.  That's all I'm saying.  But the kids loved it!!  It's a real treat for them.  I just didn't like seeing the sheep alive first.


This girl only has one leg.  I gave her the bandana she is wearing.  She was so excited!  She talked to us for a few minutes with the little bit of English she knew.  Mommy still thinks about her alot.  She had such a sweet smile.


The kids just wanted to have their photo taken with us.  So we always did.


One last photo of Korah as we were driving off.  Maybe we'll go back one day?!

After we told everyone goodbye, we went back to the guest house.  I took a shower then played templerun and beat Uncle Shawn's high score. 

For dinner we went to an Ethiopian restaurant called Yod Abyssinia.  I tasted some beef and we watched their dancing show.


We washed our hands with this warm water the server poured over the bowl.


Traditional Ethiopian food.  Notice the injera.  It's different colors but it's what they use to eat.


Same plate after everyone was finished.


Another Ethiopian dish.  It was beef.  I tasted this.  It was kind of like fajitas. 


We washed our hands again after the meal.  Since they eat with their fingers, I guess it's important to clean before and after they eat.



The dancers performed dances from different regions of Ethiopia.  We had bad seats because they were saving the good seats for dignitaries who were in town but never showed up for the show.  So Mommy and I stood at the back and watched.


Mommy and Me :)


We thought it was funny that they had an airplane in the corner of their restaurant.  This is the airline we flew over the ocean and back.


The outside of the restaurant

After dinner we went back to the guest house.  I was tired so I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment